Fairy Bats and Steins?........by Joyce Oroz


Little People’s Repertory Theater in Ben Lomond presents it’s sensational and ridiculously funny musical beginning last night. This year’s show is “Cinderacula, The Curse of the Brothers Grimm,” a singing dancing werewolves, ghosts, vampires, fairy bats and steins production. OK, I already told you about the coming extravaganza. I repeat myself because I love the shows so much—year after year.

Recently I toured the theater as the players (seventy-something) funneled into the large, empty room below the stage. Suddenly they all began singing and shaking hands with each other. It was quite a happy scene. As they mingled they practiced more songs enthusiastically.

My guide, Avery Laurin, walked me up a steep set of stairs to his domain, the light room, where he manages all the lighting for the play. From our perch we watched the children, ages eight to fourteen, practice their parts. After that we headed to the opposite end of the theater, behind stage, where the wonderful props were being painted.

After weeks of practice and preparation, the theater is open! I hope you will all have a chance to enjoy this wonderful production. 7:30 pm July 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28 with matinees on the 22nd and 29th.

0 comments:

Post a Comment