One More Critter......by Joyce Oroz

Recently a friend and I were discussing the fact that we had not seen a monarch butterfly in Aromas in a very long time. I remember seeing monarchs throughout Santa Cruz and Monterey counties years ago. Their bright orange color and elaborate markings, like all beautiful creatures, always lifted my mood and made me smile. 

Nine or ten years have passed since I last spotted a monarch in my neighborhood.
But hold onto your seat! Yesterday it happened! I saw a monarch butterfly on one of my sunflowers. I looked again to make sure that’s what I saw, dashed into the house, grabbed my camera and thoroughly recorded the grand event.


I am thrilled to be able to share my butterfly with you, and will share again if his family decides to move into the neighborhood. There’s always room for one more critter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment