An Interview with Author Jennifer Chase......by Joyce Oroz


Jennifer Chase
Award Winning Author & Criminologist

Today I am happy to be interviewing Author Jennifer Chase, a prolific writer and valuable member of the Aromas Hills Artisans. She is an amazing writer with more energy than a loaded mini-van going down hill.  

       “Jennifer, how many books have you written and what are you writing now?”


I’ve written four thriller novels, one screenwriting workbook, and one horror/suspense short story.  I’m currently working on the fourth Emily Stone Thriller that should be out in the fall of this year.  Also, I’m outlining and mapping out a couple of other series of books, one a mystery series and the other is more of a paranormal series.

“Has your beautiful black lab, Sarge, had an influence on your writing?”

Sarge reminds me that I need to take breaks and smell the ocean once in a while!  Writing about mysteries and serial killers can take the wind out of my sails so Sarge keeps me in balance.  I love being outdoors whenever I can and having a high-energy Labrador keeps me on my toes.

“Your protagonist is named Emily Stone. How did you decide on that name?”

Funny you should ask.  I had an extremely difficult time deciding on a name for my tough female heroine who covertly hunts down serial killers – alone too!  I had a list of all of these hip sounding names but they didn’t seem to fit her character.  So I decided that I wanted a wholesome sounding name that paired well with the last name of Stone.  I began looking through a book of baby names and presto I found Emily.

“Jennifer, what has been the greatest career thrill for you in the last five years?”

This biggest thrill for me, after seeing my books in print, is when a reader takes the time to email me or comment on my blog or social network site just to tell me how much they’ve enjoyed my books.  It doesn’t get any better than that!  My followers, readers, and fans are like gold to me. 

“Where do you live and why?”

I live on the beautiful Monterey Bay in California.  It’s where I’ve called home for most of my life.  Even to this day, I can’t believe that I live in such a beautiful place.  It’s quite an inspiring place for writers.

“How can people find your books?”

All of my books are available in paperback and e-book from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and most book retailers.  You can find out more about my books on my blog: www.authorjenniferchase.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment